<VV> Steering Traction control

HallGrenn@aol.com HallGrenn@aol.com
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 14:11:27 EDT

I'll defer to all you folks in the north when it comes to driving on snow,
but here in Maryland all of my Corvairs have done well with no added weight in
the trunk--especially in the occasional heavy snow storm accumulations of over
15".  When we have had heavy snow fall in the past (15" to 22" officially),
the Corvairs all did fine.  Only the Jeeps and 4WD SUV's were out there with me.
 When I used to drive the "beater" '66 Monza to work on snow emergency days
people would line up to get a ride home with me.

Doesn't the lower ride height with 100 lbs of extra weight cause you to
"push" more snow?

Bob Hall