<VV> Traitor in our midst - Board action requested

Bill Hubbell Bill Hubbell" <whubbell@umich.edu
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 21:43:19 -0400

Speaking as a member of the CORSA BoD, I can tell you that I would not
support any measure to restrict advertisements in the Communiqui, such as
Mark is suggesting, if for no other reason that it would be completely
unenforceable.  I do not agree with making laws or rules that cannot be
enforced, as they ten to make criminals of ordinary people.  As for the
principles involved, I also disagree.  If somebody has a rare Corvair part
that they want to sell, well, it is there part and nobody has a right to
tell them who to sell it to, or to restrict its use in any way.  Mark has
the right to refuse to sell his rare CORSA parts, but that also means that
somebody else has the same right to sell theirs to whomever they please.

Bill Hubbell
CORSA Secretary