<VV> Traitor in our midst - Board action requested

Norman C. Witte ncwitte@wittelaw.com
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 09:28:52 -0400

Bill, the fallacy in your argument is that you are confusing the market with
the forum.

I agree that if someone has a part that they want to sell, it's theirs and
no one has a right to tell them that they can't sell it.  That the free
market, but that's not the issue.  The issue is, under this set of
circumstances should we, CORSA, *help* them sell that part?  Of course not.
If you want to drive a D8 Cat over Alice, you have that right--it's your
car--but you won't find many on this list who will help you.

The reason that the Communique Classifieds exist is to create a forum for
the convenience of Corvair members in exchanging parts for Corvair use.  We
own that forum and have a right to say how it is used.

As far as "policing" is concerned, I don't think this is a problem.  The
issue is limited to one part, the one part being LM telescoping columns.  I
am unaware of any other Corvair part that is rare, desireable, subject to
easy use in another type of car that happens to be a high dollar vehicle,
and is lost to Corvair use upon conversion.  I disagree, however, that as
Mark says, Board action is required.   It's an editorial decision and can be
made by the editors of the Communique without the necessity of any Board or
"police" action.  No crime, no criminals, just a "No, thanks" to the ad.
Problem solved.

Norm Witte