<VV> LED taillights

JVHRoberts@aol.com JVHRoberts@aol.com
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 07:28:02 EDT

Here ya go, if you want bright, and don't care about stock bulb mounting.
This would be perfect behind a stock lens, both front AND rear:

http://www.norluxcorp.com/web/ps.html

http://www.optotech.com/data_sheets/OTLH-SHK1-10.pdf

http://www.laminaceramics.com/

http://www.lumileds.com/

There are others, to be sure. If you mount these in the housing so they are
about where the brake light filament is, you'll get the right optics. Keep in
mind, some of these are VERY VERY bright, and a LOT more efficient at getting
light to the lens than a bulb, since they emit straight out from the front
only. And you'll need a pair of resistors and a diode to get the right tail/brake
function. These also come in amber for the front!
I have a pair of the white Lumileds as bicycle headlights, these are
seriously bright. I can only imagine what'd they do in a taillight using the red
ones... <G>

John

In a message dated 8/31/2004 3:53:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,