<VV> Traitor in our midst - Board action requested

Ken Wildman k-wildman@onu.edu
Thu, 02 Sep 2004 15:32:23 -0400

At 02:00 PM 9/2/04 -0400, Norman C. Witte wrote:

> > So, what do you do when a seller offers a tele column and
> > someone outside
> > the Corvair hobby offers a high amount.  Are you obligating
> > each seller to
> > be an investigator?
>

>Of course not.  That's up to the seller.  You're confusing the market and
>the forum again.

Read my post again.  I am postulating the situation where an accepted
member of this community, following all advertising rules, places an ad
which gets a response by some "nefarious" individual.  Is the advertiser at
fault or expected to investigate the motives of each buyer?

Now, postulate, an accepted but "economically-driven" member places an ad
(knowing full well that some "nefarious" type will see it and make an offer
to buy).  Is this advertiser at fault?   How does ANY policy separate the
chickens from the foxes?

Do we really want unenforceable rules?  Tell us how the editor is supposed
to separate postulate A from B?  Or write us a policy that will accomplish it.

I double dare you. <GGGG>

>Is the seller required to answer to
> > other Corvair
> > owners for an economic decision made after a sincere attempt
> > to sell to
> > another Corvairist?
>

>Again, this has nothing to do with CORSA policy.
>

>  Who is going to be the Communique policeman?
>

>No one.  The editors of the Communique just reject ads that are inconsistent
>with CORSA's stated objectives.  Nothing terribly controversial there.  This
>kind of thing happens all the time.  Ever try to sell a master lock pick set
>on eBay?  Betcha can't.
>

>Norm Witte

Ken