<VV> Was "Traitor", now "Trader"

NicolCS@aol.com NicolCS@aol.com
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 18:26:40 EDT

Toby, I don't think the telescoping wheel permits the wheel to get farther
away from the driver than the stock set-up.  I have a '65 tele wheel car, a '66
standard wheel car, and a '67 standard wheel car.  I measured all of the a
while back and as I recall, the 65 and the 66 were about the same with the tele
wheel all the way forward. (i.e. no benefit there).  With the tele wheel all
the way out, (it moves about 3"), it was about an inch short of the '67!  When I
have all the cars back here (the 65 tele wheel car is out for paint), I will
remeasure them and post the info.
Craig Nicol
65 tele,66,67 plus 65 Corvette with FACTORY tele wheel ;)

Doc,
Would you consider selling the wheel/column for Corvair use?  I would love to
have the wheel a little farther away from me while driving my '66 Corsa.  I'd
even put an ad in the CC indicating my intententions.  :)
Toby  -You may contact me offline.