<VV> RE: crate bodies

Cepak, Tom A tom.a.cepak@lmco.com
Fri, 03 Sep 2004 14:06:55 -0500

Bill,

Are you guys talking about the last '69 Corvair to come off the assembly
line?  The one that's about 95% complete except the assembly line didn't
have enough parts to finish it?  If so, I saw that one a few years ago
at the Pate's Museum of Transportation, North of Cresson Texas on
Highway 377, South of Fort Worth.  I don't know if it is still there or
not though.

Tom

Message: 13
From: Wrsssatty@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 14:19:12 EDT
To: virtualvairs@skiblack.com
Subject: <VV> crate bodies

<It is a red Monza coupe w/black interior, and had the body number of
"XXXXXX". It was an example of just exactly what Fisher Body supplied
Chevrolet. Last time I heard a CORSA member in Texas owned it, but
hasn't done any thing with it (his original plans were to complete the
car build.)

-Mark>

Yes, Mark, that's what I've heard, too.  As I heard it, it belonged to
an
auto museum.  I know there was a Texas connection--perhaps the museum
was in TX,
too.  Anyway, it was then sold to a private individual in TX and, as I
understand it, his original intention was to finish building it.  Some
folks tried to
talk him out of it, urging that he keep it as it left GM for historic
purposes.  I've gotta admit, "building" it seems to me tantamount to
finishing
Schubert's Unfinished Symphony but I tend to be a purist.  I don't know
what then
became of it.

Bill Stanley