<VV> Noise in distributor

Mikeamauro@aol.com Mikeamauro@aol.com
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 13:15:35 EDT

I just purchased a "NOS" distributor off ebay. The distributor, and the guts,
all look like new; however, in spinning from the gear end, with points plate
removed, there is a scraping noise heard from the inside (I assume) bearing
area. When I hold the shaft in an up position (not allowing the weight of the
shaft/gear to pull fully downward), the noise is completely gone. In comparison,
an existing Clark's rebuilt distributor makes no noise at all...even with
gravity allowing the shaft to rest full downward. Is the noise described with the
"NOS" unit abnormal? Or, in use, will the shaft be held in the upward
position?
Thank you,
Mike Mauro