<VV> Cylinder head torque sequence.

Anthony Hansen Anthony Hansen <corsaconvertible@gmail.com>
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 20:45:26 -0500

The correct pattern as is written in "How to Keep Your Corvair Alive'
by Richard Finch who states that the FSM is incorrect and SHOULD NOT
BE FOLLOWED.

Applies to all years and all Corvair engines.

               Intake Manifold

5            11      1            7       3             9      <<< top
row of studs order

the numbers represent head bolt studs

12           6       8             2      10            4     <<<
bottom row of studs order

Do each cylinder diagonally, top to bottom, left to right, beginning
with the center cylinder.
Then diagonally, top to bottom, right to left, beginning with the
center cylinder.

Torque studs in 5 ft. lbs. increments from snug to 35 ft. lbs.

Tony Hansen corsaconvertible@gmail.com