<VV> I can't get her started

Landis, Art MR arthur.landis@us.army.mil
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 10:17:29 -0500

I bought a '63 Monza for $200.  The seller told me he had helped the owner
before him in the rebuild and that the engine was running about a year ago.
The car sat unattended for a year and was sold  because he joined the Army
and lost interest in the restoration.  I can see that the engine is recently
rebuilt and I'm confident that it was running but I can't get it to start.
It cranks real good but nothing better than that.  I rebuilt the carbs this
past weekend thinking the problem was fuel.  I can see now that gas is
getting squirted into the throttle body properly.  Still no fire, even after
a can of starting fluid.  The entire ignition system looks brand new
(points, condenser, rotor, cap, wires and plugs).  I'm really limited in
diagnostic equipment and skill so can anyone offer any advise?