<VV> Blower Bearing

airvair airvair@richnet.net
Tue, 07 Sep 2004 16:23:59 -0400

When I said "deficient" I didn't meant that it wasn't very durable, but
rather that it was NOT designed to be easily or quickly replaced. The
factory design reminds me of my brother's Fiat that required half the
front suspension be removed in order to replace a 25 cent seal. I can
only guess that neither of you have ever had a blower bearing go bad on
you without warning "in the middle of nowhere" and had to spend a whole
day gutting the engine top end, finding a bearing, and then searching
around for a press just to get it replaced. Been there, done that, don't
ever want to do it again. They're too much of a royal pain.

So what if the alternater bearing isn't QUITE as durable? At least when
they DO go bad, I won't have to spent the whole day gutting the entire
engine top end.

-Mark