<VV> Blower Bearing

airvair airvair@richnet.net
Tue, 07 Sep 2004 17:13:14 -0400

I guess, go by experience. BTW I didn't say "catastrophic and unexpected
failure," just that it went from nothing to screaming like a banshee in
the space of about an hour's drive. Very unnerving. When I pulled into
the Homecoming, EVERYone in the entire lot heard me coming. And I wasted
an entire day at the meet fixing it. I NEVER want to have that happen
again, so I'll stick with the replacable "alternator" bearings, thank
you very much, and pray that you don't have one go bad like that on you.

Maybe my experience could be the byproduct of a car that spends most of
its life sitting. I don't know.

And yes, I've seen them totally fail. Maybe it MIGHT take a while, but
it wipes out the blower when it goes. (Fortunately, it wasn't in my car.
And YES I warned its owner.)

-Mark