<VV> California?

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 01:14:51 EDT

In a message dated 9/7/2004 8:50:25 PM Pacific Standard Time,
kaczmarek@charter.net writes:

Hi
Just another of those 10,000 reasons NOT to live in  California.

Can't help but see the irony. The state that just about  invented hot rods,
the best possible climate in most of the state to  preserve autos,  And the
most pin headed, destructive to the hobby  laws in the US.

Absolutely and positively - Horrible place to go, stay away. There are
earthquakes, too. Don't move to California, tell your friends not to as  well.
Thank You! - Seth

That DMV episode reminds me of a story I've told before, though, so  I'll
tell it again.

A friend was in line at the DMV. The guy in front of him was trying to
change a title but needed his wife's signature to register it. He explained that
his wife wasn't available to sign it. The clerk quietly suggested that he could
 take the form out to the car and bring it back with "her" signature. The
guy said, cranking it up a bit, that his wife was out of town and wouldn't  be
back for a few days. The clerk now desperately looked over at my friend as he
said to the guy quietly , "Are you sure she wouldn't be able to sign it? It
would be much simpler." My friend tapped the guy on the shoulder and
"explained"  it to him. The guy wilted, went out to his car and got "her" signature.
Some  folks need more than one clue.

Personally speaking, I haven't had a bad experience with the California DMV
in the last 25 years. They get a little picky once in a while, that's all. -
Seth