<VV> Re: FORD TYPE F replacing DEXRONS

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 15:15:18 EDT

In a message dated 9/9/2004 10:03:45 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
kaczmarek@charter.net writes:

> All this is apparently another outdated, and no longer recommended by
> ANYONE procedure.  Of Course, Rat mechanics do what they please, some have
> problems, some don't.
>
> What the Rat Mechanic who wrote this response didn't tell you is that FORD
> TYPE F Transmission fluid lacks one ingredient that the MERCON/DEXRON fluids
> DO have---Corrosion inhibitor----So use Type F fluids in your GM trannies at
> your own risk.
>
> HANK

**************************
1      Why do I  take this abuse???    LOL!!

 2    GM  never recommended this...

3    Performance transmission shops /   RV  shops    DO!!    STILL   [ my
'90 700R4 is filled with it]

4    Corrosion Inhibitors??   in an automatic transmission.......surely FORD
F   has some.....if it's important.....

5     RAT Mechanic?????      I, who have 3 Vair cars  that I drive whenever /
where ever I want ....all shiney....everything works...all insured /
licensed.....as well as a Corvair powered boat, a Corvair powered Sandbuggy????   I
think I'm a  " gReAT"  mechanic......

but then what do I know???.....I'm not a Certified  Hankiepoo......with ONE
car that isn't running...after spending lots of $$$$$$  LOL!!

WestCoastUltraHarranger....matt