<VV> RE: TRANS FLUID (somewhat serious, nah!)

Dave Keillor dkeillor@ultrex.com
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 10:14:09 -0500

Well, I was born in 1939, so you figure it out. :-)  This was in the 50s so
prices were lower (gas was 17.9 most days).  By 1963 I had graduated from
college and had a brand new Chevy II convertible.  I tried to buy a Corvair,
but the only dealer that had one in stock blew me off as a punk kid -- I was
that, but I had an engineers paycheck in my pocket!  One thing that kept me
going in college was my vow to buy a brand new car when I graduated so I
wouldn't have to work on dirty, greasy, old cars anymore.  So what do I do
now for fun?  The difference is I don't HAVE to!

Dave Keillor

-----Original Message-----
From: J R Read_HML [mailto:hmlinc@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2004 5:33 PM
To: Dave Keillor; virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> RE: TRANS FLUID (somewhat serious, nah!)

Man,

You must be an OLD guy!  <GRIN>  I paid $0.10 (maybe it was $0.15) per quart

for that foul smelling stuff.  Came in a glass container with a metal spout
shaped like a funnel.  I'm over 60.  Used it in my '35 F--d 2dr.  This was
around 1963-4.

Later, JR
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140