<VV> Carb woes

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 12:08:57 -0400

This is embarassing, but I'm having my first carb issue in years.

Bought a set of rebuilt carbs and have never been able to get them set up right.  I'm convinced the issue
is a vacuum leak on one of the carbs. When I hold my hand flat over the carb, the idle speeds up.

Now I've examined the carb in detail. I've had it off, taken it apart, blew out all of the carb passages
(everything was clean as a pin), examined gaskets, reassembled, repeated, etc. Same exact
performance.

Any suggestions of what else I should look for before I send the carb back (disabling my car for a couple
of weeks of prime driving time)?

Thanks!
Bill Elliott