<VV> Carb woes

Marc Sheridan sheridanma@adelphia.net
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 16:40:19 -0400

Larry Forman wrote: You could also have a leak by the balance tube.
This is quite common, since that area gets quite hot and hardens up the
rubber tubes.  I like to replace these and use four hose clamps total.
Alternatively, I think there are now available silicone hoses which are
much more durable in the high temperatures.

Marc replies: A few years ago, based on the advice of Seth Emerson on
this list, I replaced those rubber hoses with 3/8"  brass compression
fittings from the local hardware store.  So far, no complaints, leaks or
rubber hoses to worry about.

Marc Sheridan
'66 Monza 'vert 110/4