<VV> Carb woes

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 20:14:08 -0400

>At 12:08 PM 9/11/2004 -0400, Bill Elliott wrote:
>>This is embarassing, but I'm having my first carb issue in years.
>>
>>Bought a set of rebuilt carbs and have never been able to get them set up
>>right.  I'm convinced the issue
>>is a vacuum leak on one of the carbs. When I hold my hand flat over the
>>carb, the idle speeds up.

Thanks for all of the advice.

The carb insulator and gaskets are new, the balance tube hoses are only 2 years old, and the issue did not occur until I first mounted the rebuilt carbs.

I haven't swapped sides to see what happens; I think that's a great idea.  I'll also try the "baggie" trick to see if I can figure out where the air is getting in.

Thanks again.. I'll let everyone know what I eventually find out.

Bill Elliott