<VV> NO CORVAIR - RADIATOR CLEANING

thegeek2@juno.com thegeek2@juno.com
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 23:15:26 GMT

Sorry for the waste of bandwidth.  I am away from my computers.

I have an 84 caddy and want to change the radiator fluid.
1.  Is any brand really any better.
2.  I saw about 15 different purge/flush products.  Are these snake oil.   An old time mechanic friend said to use a cup of wood bleach and run for a day.

The fluid had lost its pretty green color.  No sign of oil contamination.  Some kind of sludge.  No leakage.

Drained the radiator, and refilled with water.   Ran for a week.

Thanks to all.

Get your name as your email address.