<VV> License Plates

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 09:04:03 -0400

I maintain regular insurance on my Corvair, and I DON'T drive it every day.
Every week is more like it, but I NEVER drive it in parades, and very rarely
attend meetings relating to old cars. Ditto for car shows. I drive it for a
reason code that is VERY apt: Pleasure. That's regular insurance.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Stephen Upham
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 1:38 AM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> License Plates

	I've just about come to the conclusion that historic plates and
insurance is not the way to go for me.  I want to drive and enjoy my
car.  The stipulation that I only use my Monza only for  "club meetings
and activities, parades, and other functions of public interest'' ,
which I would need to conform to in the state of Texas, would leave me
wondering why I went to such considerable trouble and expense to
restore my four door.

	The insurance will allow me only 2000 miles per year.  I plan to drive
between 4-8 thousand per year.   Who could walk by the best car in the
garage and not wish that they could take it for a spin?  Honestly!

	Thanks to everyone who wrote to me with advise about the plates.

Stephen Upham
Dallas, Texas

Mid prod. #18732 -1965 Monza sedan 110, Sierra Tan - Saddle, PG, A/C,
original AM/FM, clock, tint, oil bath air filter, w/ 77K
(soon to be out of group red for the first time in twelve years)