<VV> Clutch Cable for FC

Dave Keillor dkeillor@ultrex.com
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 17:04:00 -0500

What David is doing is trying to run the retail side of his business like
you would a wholesale business.  I run a business and understand the process
of setting up an account with the vendor as the first step.  However, none
of the vendors we do business with require that they maintain our credit
card number in their files.  I try to minimize the number of people who have
my credit card information -- especially small companies.

The second problem I have with his business method is I can't find out if
he's got what I need/want without providing my credit card information.  At
one time he was working on a website, but that seems to have died.  I
understand that his time is valuable, but other than his ads in Corsa, I
don't know how to discover whether he has what I want.  Would he rather
answer my inquiries about parts availability every time I'm looking for a
part?  That doesn't seem like a way to conserve time.

The third problem is that he's missing the person (like me) who develops
needs on impulse.  Should I just call him up (after establishing an account)
and ask him to run down the list of neat stuff he sells?  Not an efficient
method for either of us.  About the only visibility to his products is his
limited ads in Corsa.

An example of a small business that doesn't hide his products from his
potential customers is Ray Sedman.  Ray has a website that describes his
goods and services, and responds promptly to emails.  David probably has
some things I want or need, but I don't know how to discover what those
might be without a credit card number.

Dave Keillor