<VV> A long time coming

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 12:02:17 -0700

At 06:27 hours 09/15/2004 -0700, Mike Stillwell wrote:
> Too bad it was an early...

Careful, you'll start Smitty and Hubble up again in solidarity, or
something.

>  I rescued this one.... it sat in my garage for about
>6 months. The original 102 was locked up, but it did
>have a distributor weight kit and cal-custom air
>cleaners on it, as well as the other goodies. Don't
>forget to mention the headrests also, Tony. The car

Indeed.   The headrests aren't on it at the moment but they're still in the
trunk and will likely go back on the car seats.   Someone went to some
serious trouble to install the mounts onto the existing seats.   May as
well take advantage of them.

>was like a '60's time capsule of almost all the really
>cool aftermarket stuff you could get for an early
>vair. It was one of my better finds to date, but with

You did well...  and I for one am kinda pleased it eventually found its way
to the stable here.   It has the potential to be an extraordinary car.

>a stable full of lates, I was just after the 2 140's
>and NOS parts that came along with it.
>
> Mike
> YS-117

Somebody else in the household is already talking about how the car would
run with a modified 180 turbo engine in it...

Shades of my '63 Spyder...

tony..