<VV> Re: 1969 Corvair on ebay ( item# 2489866771)

CorsaVair@aol.com CorsaVair@aol.com
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 12:35:25 EDT

In a message dated 9/16/2004 2:29:46 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
DTerry8123@aol.com writes:
I checked the "Finger Tip Facts" book and found it listed. The only thing I
find incorrect in the Ebay listing is that he says it's a one owner car. The
"Finger Tip facts" book states that it has been through several owner
I just have to check in on this car.  It would do the owner well to do some
checking on the cars background.
I owned the car in the 80's and purchased it from a person in Lafayette, In.
He purchased it from a person in Indy who bought it at auction in Auburn, In.
 It was owned by at least 3 other people before that.  It was purchased new
in Piqua, Ohio by Bill Garren and is pictured in Tony Fiore's book "The Corvair
Decade" on pages 125 and 126.
I sold the car to Ken Clark who sold it to A. J. Stone who then sold it to
someone in California.  It must have had at least 8 owners.
The remark in the ad about original tires is not correct, it had radials on
it when I owned it and no other tires came with the car.
The statement about no collision damage is not true, it had a frontal
collision and a 1/2 right front fender replaced when Garren owned the car and that is
why the car was originally repainted.  The weld on the under side of the
fender was still visible when I owned the car.
Ken Clark repainted the car a second time while he owned it.
The car had 8,500 miles on it when I owned it so the mileage may be correct.
The car was a good car and ran well but I thought you should read "the rest
of the story"!!!

Dick Shank