<VV> Electrical Contact Cleaning

FrankCB@aol.com FrankCB@aol.com
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 13:43:15 EDT

        What is the system charging voltage at 2000 to 3000 rpm on a fully
warmed engine??  Should be near 14.2 volts.  If it's not, then you're not
getting full charging voltage OR you have considerable electrical power drain on
your system.
       You can simply plug a voltmeter (DVM/DMM) into the cigarette lighter
(center of plug is positive) and drive the car.  Corvair stock regulators are
notoriously imprecise at controlling charging voltage.  The aftermarket
electronic regulators do a much better job.
       Frank Burkhard