<VV> I hate my corvairs exhaust install!

goofyroo@excite.com goofyroo@excite.com
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 14:58:28 -0400 (EDT)

If it's the "Fitch Sprint" system being described here, I've had one on my convertible for nine years and never thought they were loud (and I'm known for having sensitive hearing).  The only place they seem loud is from directly behind.  Yet, I've asked all my neighbors if they notice my leaving in the morning, and none said they have.

The only way to hit a curb with these pipes is to back into one.  By that time, the lower edge of the body is in peril, as well.

I would suggest that our poster make sure the shop does *not* anchor the pipes to any part of the body.  The anchor holes will wallow out in short order.  DAMHIK.  Adding a left-side muffler hanger bracket will do the job.

Michael Smith
Dallas

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com