<VV> SynPower Brake Fluid

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 15:09:19 -0400

I've been reading about this product on its Web site, and I cannot find any
claim that this product is NOT hygroscopic, nor even any claim that it is
LESS hygroscopic than other DOT 3 or DOT 4 fluids. DOT 5 is NOT hygroscopic,
a great advantage here in South Florida, where low humidity is in the
mid-90-percent range.
     Does anyone have any reason to think that SynPower is not hygroscopic?
If it IS hygroscopic, you have to change it every couple of years around
here. You never have to change DOT 5.
     Nonetheless, I am considering changing from DOT 5 to this product
because my LM has a nagging tendency to pull in one direction on hard
braking, and I've replaced front wheel cylinders and and shoes until I'm
blue in the face. I do NOT have spongy pedal, but if I have a pocket (from
air entrainment) in one line (presumably the long one), I'm forever going to
get that pulling effect. Has anyone changed from DOT 5 to <anything else>
and licked THIS problem from doing so? If so, what did you change to, and
was it necessary to flush the DOT 5 out of the system first?

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C