<VV> SynPower Brake Fluid

HallGrenn@aol.com HallGrenn@aol.com
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 20:38:46 EDT

I have had excellent results with the DOT5 synthetic fluid.  My Greenbrier
has had it since a complete (everything) rebuild in 1992.  When the cylinders
where rebuilt two years ago (no problems--I just felt it was time) there was no
sign of rust.  All of my cars (65 Corsa 140 and 68 Monza PG) have had DOT5 for
years.  The local brake shop always tries to get me to change it because they
are afraid of it--but they seldom (if ever) do complete rebuilds.

My advice:  If you are completely redoing your brake system--whether a daily
driver or a garage queen--you can use the DOT5 for best results during heavy
braking and for long term storage.