<VV> Front end help needed

Ewell Mills emills5@cfl.rr.com
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 22:39:48 -0400

On my previous post I forgot something so I have one more question that I
forgot to include. When I removed the upper A-Arms to replace the bushings, I
discovered that the rubber dust caps on both upper ball joints were busted
open, probably from someone pumping in to much grease.  The ball joints were
O.K according to the Alignment person that I had check out the front end.
Question is, are these replaceable or do I have to replace the ball joints?
The ball joints were bolted to the upper A-Arm, but I don't know if this
indicates they had been replaced or if Corvairs came with them bolted in.  The
only other ball joints that I have ever replace was on a 66 Mustang, and they
were riveted in, and had to be chiseled out. Thanks.

Cecil Mills
Cocoa, Fl.