<VV> Re: Hydro Lock

GYoungwolf@aol.com GYoungwolf@aol.com
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:48:40 -0400

The carbs are designed to handle about an 18 degree grade/slope, but depending on their float level setting, you could be correct in your assessment for at least a contributing factor. If it is a usual parking location, you might also be seeing some seepage at the bowl gasket.
The carbmeister

<So, my theory is that with the rear of the car about 12-18 inches lower than
the front, and the recently rebuilt carbs maybe not sealing at the float
needles, it filled a cylinder with gas and hydraulic locked on me and then
drained past the rings while I was screwing around with it.>