<VV> '65 Corsa update: It's alive!

Macdonald David dmacd_us@yahoo.com
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 06:48:56 -0700 (PDT)

I spent the weekend putting the final touches on the
drive train and installing it in the car.

Wrestled with fuel leaks from all those crazy
connections on the 4 carbs. Ill be adding a fire
extinguisher to the interior before the car sees much
driving.

At 8:30 PM, I turned the key and the engine came to
life for the first time in over 30 years. Im feeling
pretty good. The engine came completely disassembled
when I got the car and its a joy to see it running.

Still in Group Red as I have not put the axles and
struts back in yet.

Im looking forward to my first drive in a Corvair
under its own power later this week.

David Macdonald
Canadian 1965 140 Corsa 2-door coupe.
Late production: #9572, Engine T0630RB
Before last night it had not run since the spring of
74.