<VV> hardtop definition

Wrsssatty@aol.com Wrsssatty@aol.com
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 11:02:05 EDT

<the '57 Nomad in my driveway would disagree.  Nomads are two door hardtop
wagons.

snip

The forward sloping piece is part of the top, not the door.

Mark>

I think our disagreement here lies in applying contradictory definitions of
the term "hardtop."  The definition I know and apply is that which can be found
at:

http://www.seriouswheels.com/car-glossary.htm

to wit; Hardtop--Vehicle with no side B-pillar, meant to have the look of a
convertible.

Therefore, because they had a B-pillar, Nomads were not hardtops by this
definition.  The absence of a fixed window frame on the door is of no consequence
to this definition of hardtop.

Bill Stanley