<VV> Chev Vacuum Wipers

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 13:34:57 -0700

At 11:50 hours 09/23/2004 -0400, UltraMonzaWest@aol.com wrote:
> airvair@richnet.net writes:
>
>> In a rainstorm, the way you got anywhere was to
>> stand on the gas until you couldn't see anymore, then let off so the
>> wipers would beat furiously, then stand on it some more, etc.

***
>***
>It always amazes me how these simple things were overlooked by the masses....

Not only overlooked, but simply forgotten.

It wasn't that long ago that ALL fuel pumps were rebuildable.   Almost
nobody replaced one, you bought a kit and you rebuilt it.   Doing such has
become a lost art...  now even Corvair fuel pump rebuild kits are obsolete
and never seen anymore.   I used to buy up all I found, and I used them
all...

And if someone reproduced those kits again I'd buy them.

Once upon a time, most cars were uncomplicated and relatively inexpensive
and easy to understand.   The average owner could repair most problems
himself in the driveway.   More experienced mechanically inclined sorts
would fix the other problems in the garage.

Those days are long gone... except at my place.    I drive simple
relatively inexpensive cars that are easy to understand, and they used
rebuildable fuel pumps.

tony..