<VV> Yet another Pertronix Ignitor question

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:28:01 -0400

The author is correct. Though many (included some well-repected members of this forum) have
experienced no bad issues when hooking directly to the coil, many of us have (myself included). But
then, some people seem to be able to run Bosch Platinums while the rest of us can't.

To my knowledge, no one has experienced negative issues when using a pure 12V source... and it has
been suggested that the rash of Pertronix failures are related to low voltage situations. Except for the
very first generation of Ignitors, I've only heard of a couple of failures when the unit was fed a pure 12v.

Bill Elliott