<VV> Re: VirtualVairs digest, Vol 1 #1108 - 10 msgs

IMTB@aol.com IMTB@aol.com
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:01:35 EDT

In a message dated 9/23/04 2:55:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
virtualvairs-request@corvair.org writes:
Message: 9
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 11:35:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: <pkw@peachgrove.com>
To: <virtualvairs@corvair.org>
Subject: <VV> Yet another Pertronix Ignitor question

After much research and listening to all sides of the argument, I am
planning on installing an Ignitor in my 66 Corsa.  My question pertains to
the following tech article:

http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/cactuscorvair/techcorner.html

The author insists that the red wire go to a separate +12V source rather
than to the plus terminal of the coil.  What say you all?  And my apologies
if this has already been answered.  I figure it probably has, but not when
I was reading, and the archives are painful to search through.

Phil Wilson
1966 Corsa conv. ~ www.66Corvair.com
Santa Barbara, CA

I say MINE  ( Pertronix I ) runs to a separate 12v source and I'm glad it
does  8-)
So is my Vair...

Tom Beech
CORSA member, Ohio
1965 black/saddle w/black ragtop ~ 180/4 ~ owned since 1969