<VV> Re Business Mans Coupe

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 21:21:57 -0400

> To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
> From: "Louis C. Armer, Jr." <carmerjr@mindspring.com>
> Subject: <VV> "Business man's coupe"(no Corvair)/
> semi-retraction/(humor?)
>
> WessonOil is dead on correct about the window count......
> It is a 3 window coupe..............I am correct about all the
> rest of the story !!! <GGG>
 ----------------------------------
Smitty says:  Here we are trying to compare oranges to apples again.  The
term Businessman Coupe has nothing to do with windows as is evidenced by
the early 50s Dodge and Plymouth models with 2 side windows and a front
and rear window.  They were 3 window business mans coupes.  For some
reason the rear window or backlight is never counted when describing a
coupe.  (Or is it the windshild).  Anyway a 5 window has two, door
windows.  Also has two quarter windows mounted in the body behind the
door windows.  A 3 window coupe has only the two door windows and the
vent (or wing) windows have nothing to do with the count.   Any time in
the future you want facts on anything just ask me first.