<VV> Florida Relief Update Information

vairpair@att.net vairpair@att.net
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 03:56:58 +0000

To all Corsa members and those who already have contributed:

     When I started this idea 3 days ago, our friends in Florida had immediate needs.  I was in contact with Dan Avellone, and he outlined the loss and gave me lists of things needed to help keep these people going.  As time wore on, apparently, Florida local government, the Fed, and other powers to be, have been restoring utilities and other services at what Dan describes as at a  very fast rate.  Our fellow members apparently no longer have any emergency needs, that is according to Dan, they have food, shelter, clothing, transportation etc. to get them by and keep them going until such time as things start to return to  "normal".  I spoke with Dan this evening and he suggested/requested that I not make the trip to Florida, as again, there are no longer any emergency needs.

     So, I will not be making the trip down south, but Show-Me Corvairs will still be sending packages of donations from here to them.  I will furnish Dan's address in this message, and I encourage all who are so inclined, please send what help you can, these people lost everything and now they must start over.  But for now, they are OK, as OK as they could be given the situation.

     For those who have sent money either to me or the club, when it arrives, I will personally see that it gets forwarded to Dan, so it can be used in the right manner.  Possibly later on, if the need arises, if they need some other help, perhaps I and/or the club will make a trip down there to offer whatever help we can at that time.     Thanks to all who have responded and forwarded donations.  We appreciate it and I know the folks in FLa.  will as well.            Bob Bauer  Sec'y  Show-Me Corvairs

Dan Avallone  Pres.  West FLa Corvairs  850  314-0846
Gary and Mary  Mierzwa   V.P./ Sec'y  West FLa. Corvairs  850 994 5399

Dan lives about an hour from the folks who suffered the greatest losses.  He and his family as well as the Mierzwa's are making daily trips to the devastation and are in constant daily contact with the Lindsey's and the Furr's and others.  Please contact them with any further donations.