<VV> Corvair's 45 Year Old Birthday!

Roy & Kay Lambrecht lambchop@wctc.net
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 05:53:47 -0500

Hi All,

On October 2, 2004, the Corvair will be 45 years old.

It's been a long time with my involvement with these cars. On the opening day
of showing the 1960 Corvair, I was at the local Chevy dealer to see & purchase
this car. Yes, October 2, 1959 still sticks in my mind. I had the order all
filled out, when the salesman mentioned a rumor about a coupe that was coming
out sometime in January. I told him I'd wait; besides a coupe would be
sportier at my young age. So in January I placed my order for 700 series coupe
loaded with what was available at that time.

About a year later, I landed a job at one of the large Chevrolet dealers in
Milwaukee. All I worked on was Corvairs & spent about 30 years with
Chevrolet.

I never lost my love for the car. Today it's fun to drive almost everywhere
and have people turn heads. I have lost count on how many Corvairs I have
owned & driven.

You can see this 1960 Corvair on my web page under Gallery.

www.angelfire.com/co3/corvair

Note the updated 61 Monza wheel covers that I added on it later in the year.

Happy Corvairing!!

Roy W. Lambrecht

64 Monza Convertible Automatic