<VV> Yet another Pertronix Ignitor question

Shaun shaun_mcgarvey@shaw.ca
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 14:19:37 -0700

God watches out for small children, idiots, and drunks.
We know you'r not small, Lon. <G>

yea, Vairily ... Shaun

p.s. how's the Mountain Dew supply?

----- Original Message -----
From: "corvairs" <lonwall@corvairunderground.com>
To: "Larry Forman" <larry@forman.net>
Cc: "Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com>; <pkw@peachgrove.com>;
<virtualvairs@corvair.org>
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 10:36 AM
Subject: Re: <VV> Yet another Pertronix Ignitor question

> Thanks Larry - Oh yeah....heading down to Northern California in my 64
> greenbrier this afternoon - Ignitor still wired to the coil as with my 8
> other Corvairs have been the past 10 or so years. Guess you'd better
> pray for me - Lon
>
> www.corvairunderground.com
>
> Larry Forman wrote:
>
> >I only run Pertronix, Flamethrowers, Seth's wires and Bosch 7502s aka
W8ACs.  I also read in the Pertronix literature, AS I RECALL!, that you can
wire it directly across the coil, and all mine are wired up that way.  I
agree that it might be better to wire it up the other way, as Bob Helt
explained, but that is certainly a less convenient to wire configuration.
Why did I do that, when I realize that it is better to wire it differently,
as well as: floss daily, brush for at least two minutes after every meal,
exercise 30 minutes/day, pray, meditate, contribute to my favorite charity,
ensure I pay all my income taxes, etc, etc.  The list goes on and on.
Sometimes there is just not enough time in the day to do everything that I
"should" do.  So I pick and chose what works for me.  You now know where
Ignitors fall.  I MIGHT rewire them some day, maybe.

> >For now, I have not seen failures or intermittents or issues on maybe 5
or 6 of these installations.  Will you see any difference or failures with
either configuration?  I'll take bets on that one.  BTW, have you flossed
today??   LOL.