<VV> Strange short

Lauren C Mizel slmizel@juno.com
Sat, 25 Sep 2004 15:20:40 -0500

Bob Bauer came over today and we got the power train back in, got the new
rear wheel hub assembly in, wired it all up and started it up...but, when
we depressed the clutch pedal we lost ignition (not if the car was
already running, but if we tried to start the engine with the clutch
depressed).  About half stroke down the gen light and other light come on
quite brightly, but when you go up or down from there the lights dim and
the tach jumps.  I am sure it is a short where the linkage is hitting a
harness...but where?  Anyone run into this before?  I will take any tips
I can get.  I hope to be able to go for a short cruise tonight.  :)  Two
months of group red is more than enough for me!

Steve Mizel
CORSA
Show Me CC
65 Corsa Vert 140/4 (w/a 3:27 with bright new gears...a nice bonus from
some PO...we discovered this after discovering a not-so-nice bonus from
some other (?) PO, a broken snout put back that way after replacing the
PP and clutch but not the flywheel )

Get your name as your email address.