<VV> Non-Corvair Ignition Switch Prob.

Monza67@aol.com Monza67@aol.com
Sat, 25 Sep 2004 16:56:56 EDT

I've got a bad ignition switch on my 1992 Olds Cutlass Supreme and have taken
everything apart, except I can't quite figure out how to remove the tilt
steering wheel pivot pins. I assume you have to remove the tilt section to access
the switch...I can't see any other way. I finally checked the book and it said
that the tilt steering was not a part that you could remove at home and you
have to take it in to an expert to remove it. Well, being the cheap Corvair
person that I am, I haven't yet conceded that I can't fix it myself. The pivot
point has a small tapped hole in it, so I tried a slide hammer on it with no
luck. I also tried to push it out with a brass drift...still no luck. Anyone out
there know the trick to removing it? I don't want to take drastic measures
yet, since I'm a little concerned about breaking something extremely expensive.
Any helpful advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Chuck
monza67
acrgtop