<VV> Odometer Problem

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Sun, 26 Sep 2004 21:06:41 -0400

I replaced the worn-out worm gear on my Corsa with a part (new) sold by
Clark's for the purpose. Symptoms were just like yours.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Tim Brennan
Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2004 3:15 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Odometer Problem

The odometer on my 66 Corsa quit.  The speedo still works fine.  Removing
the
cable and spinning the speedo by hand (or with a drill), I can see the 10ths
of the odometer move some.  But when I re-install the cable and drive the
car,
the odometer doesn't work,  What actually drives the odometer?  Is it the
"wire" inside the cable?  Or is it the little brass coupling on the shaft of
the wire?  Any ideas??

Tim Brennan