<VV> Corvair Firsts

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson@atlas.co.uk
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:17:20 +0100

Bob Lindsey wrote:

> Corvair Firsts
> First American Production Vehicle with all 'round independent suspension

I think the Tucker had this - if you can count 50 as 'production'. I think
they intended to make a few more than that!

> First American Production Vehicle to use a turbo-charger*

I thought it was the first in the world! Can't find any others, although I
think some diesels might have been earlier.

> First American Production Vehicle fold-down rear seat

This is definitely not true. KF had one in 1949, and there might have been
others before.

> First American Production Vehicle

I'd be amazed if this is true - I thought that was the Duryea (as on the
AACA logo) (;-))).

Cheers

Alan