<VV> Corvair Firsts

John Kepler bigjohnohio@worldnet.att.net
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:08:38 -0400

> An Econoline is an econoline,

No, it wasn't Hank!  It was the Falcon Econoline, and it (unfortunately)
shared a LOT of parts with the Falcon.....Ford didn't drop the "Falcon" part
of it until 1966 with the introduction of the SuperVan...by which time the
Corvan/Greenbriar was a memory!

>It wasn't called a Falvair!!!
> OTOH, the Van was called CORVAN. The Greenbrier name was given to the
window van I would guess to differentiate between the panel and window van.
> There was no Falcon Truck,

Yes...there was!  A Falcon Econoline Truck!  Looked like a Ramp-Side with a
tailgate!

>though there was a Ranchero. There MIGHTY have been Falcon station wagons
later in the run,

Actually, there was a Falcon Wagon in 1960 through, I believe, 1967!

>but I am no Ford enthusiast, so I don't know that.

I come from a "Ford Family".  We had a number of Falcons, including an
Econoline and a 1963 Wagon.

John