<VV> RE: Daily driver insurance

Cepak, Tom A tom.a.cepak@lmco.com
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 08:20:55 -0500

I called Progressive Insurance back because I don't think I explained to
them correctly that I would be wanting to use the Corvair as a daily
driver.  When I talked to Dennis at Progressive he was like "No Way, I
own a '61 Corvair Coupe".  I think we talked Corvairs for a good 30
minutes.  He said that he understood what I was wanting to do as far as
insurance, that he'd give me a quote, but don't expect it to be good.
He then checked the rate, then put me on hold, came back and put me on
hold again.  Then he apologized for putting me on hold for so long, but
he had to check with his manager because the quote wasn't what he
expected, but his manager told him it was correct.  I can get a $10,000
stated value policy with no restrictions on mileage or when and where I
can drive it, collision, comprehensive, and maxxed out limits for $260
every 6 months.

-----Original Message-----
From: Anil Mittal [mailto:anil@anil.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 3:12 PM
To: Cepak, Tom A; virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Dail driver insurance

It aint cheap but All State will write you a "Specialty Vehicle" policy.
They required a current appraisal when I took out the policy. The stated
value on my car is $18,500 and is costs me $425 for six months in New
Jersey. But they put absolutly no restriction on where and when I can
drive it or how much.

Anil

Message: 4