<VV> 65 Evening Orchid Convertible

Sam & Marissa Andolino mandolin@rochester.rr.com
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 23:10:40 -0400

No, we are not speculators.  We already own 2 Corvairs (on which we have
spent more $ than they are worth), but we saw an Evening Orchid convertible
at the convention and we loved the color.  Sam decided to get the car for my
birthday.  We think we have Corvairitis!

We are curious because the color was only used for 1965, and was not used in
later years.  Maybe because it was not a popular color.  But it seems like a
PG in a 140 is out of the norm.

Sam & Marissa Andolino
mandolin@rochester.rr.com <mailto:mandolin@rochester.rr.com>
1963 Red Monza Convertible
1966 Blue Corsa Turbo Coupe

and soon a 1965 Evening Orchid Monza Convertible (with a PG 140)!

-----Original Message-----
From: airvair [mailto:airvair@richnet.net]
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 12:19 PM
To: Sam & Marissa Andolino
Cc: Virtualvairs
Subject: Re: <VV> 65 Evening Orchid Convertible

About all anyone knows is that about 25% of late Corvairs had the 140.
Don't know of any numbers of any of the '65 colors, and don't think
anyone knows for sure.

Besides, GM didn't keep such statistics on color/equipment combos. So
your guess is as good as anyone's. Color's all a matter of personal
taste anyway, so you can have any color you want. It all comes out of a
can. For this reason, paint color means nothing when it comes to rarity.

BTW I hope you're not a speculator obsessed with the "rarity" factor. If
so, you're in the wrong end of the hobby. Corvair people shouldn't be so
anal as to be so obsessed with having the "rarest whatever." We're
better off leaving that to the Corvette people. LOL

-Mark C