<VV> Newbie

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 18:23:04 EDT

In a message dated 9/30/2004 2:41:02 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
media_diva@sbcglobal.net writes:

> Greetings,
> I just purchased a 65 Convertible Monza, Yea me!  The floor panels are
> rusted but the body is in pretty good shape only one minor ding.  The top is
> pretty good, has about 40k miles on it, I am the 3rd owner.  The car sat for
> sometime, the previous owner started it twice a year until it wouldn't start
> anymore (cranks but doesn't catch) and the best part so far is I paid $200 for it.
> Now, I'm no mechanic and don't know much about cars so in ya'lls personal
> and/or professional opinions, what is the first thing I should do to get this
> thing overhauled and running.  I would love to do the work myself with the
> help of some friends that know something about cars.
> Do you guys think it to girlie of me to do the work in hot pink over-alls?
> Alesia

Welcome to the group!   Girlie???   No way...Even Female drivers beat men
drivers in Corvair competitions!    And everyone is happy!

Old cars , setting for years....no problem!  see the URL  below for a "Cheap
Corvair" that sat under a peeper tree for 15 years...rat infested engine!

http://members.aol.com/patiomatt

Matt N.
sofaman of V V