<VV> LM windshield wiper motor question

Jim McLott Jim.McLott at DOR.GA.GOV
Fri Apr 1 10:46:42 EST 2005

Many thanks to the people who replied to my question about removing the
4-lobed cam.  It turns out that brute force was the answer after all,
since I don't have a gear puller that small.

Jim McLott

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim McLott
Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2005 5:18 PM
To: Virtual Vairs
Subject: <VV> LM windshield wiper motor question

How do I remove the 4-lobed cam that drives the windshield washer from a
1966 two-speed wiper motor?  The shop manual says "Drive cam can be
pried off with using suitable tool (fig. 31)."  I've tried screwdrivers
and a pry bar with no success.  I've even tried dousing it with
penetrating oil, but no luck.  Is there some trick or "suitable tool" I
need to know about or is more brute force all that's needed?  (As Daddy
used to say, "If brute force doesn't work, you're not using enough of
it.")

Thanks,

Jim McLott & Christine, the currently wiperless 1966 Monza convertible
she-devil
Member: CORSA, Corvair Atlanta
Member emeritus: Group Red