<VV> Strange FC pictures

Robert Marlow, Vairtec Corp. vairtec at optonline.net
Fri Apr 1 17:10:51 EST 2005

Daniel Monasterio wrote:

 > To those who have the 1961 Corvair & Corvair 95 shop manual at hand:  On
page 10-121, pictures 10-100a and 10-101a, which part doesn't correspond to
a 61 (regular production) FC ? <

The gearshift lever.  Early production prototypes had a through-the-floor
shifter, but as we know the under-the-seat mystery shifter went into
production for 1961.

 >  On page 10-120 of the 1961 shop manual, there is a picture (10-98a)
which shows (at least to my eyes) what looks like a small seat behind the
drivers seat. <

That is simply the production 2nd seat in the middle position.

--Bob

Robert W. Marlow
Vairtec at optonline.net