<VV> Door alignment wedges

kovacsmj kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 2 11:52:28 EST 2005

 This is a guess on my part. My '69 has the wedges you speak of. What
I'd do is to first put a piece of clay / gum or other type material on
one piece and see if it is squashed flat when the door is shut. If it
is, you have at least some interference. You then could remove shims
until the squished stuff is about 1/32 (true trial and error). Then of
course add shim(s) to get the proper distance.

Getting all the information is most of the solution.

MIKE KOVACS

I've got a question about the door wedges on my 66 convertible.... The
manual calls for a 1/32 inch
interference fit between the brass door wedge and it's plastic mate on
the
body. Shims are provided. Good idea but how do you go about setting this
up?

Thanks,
Bob