<VV> Door alignment wedges

Bob & Kathy Gilbert bgilbert at redshift.bc.ca
Sun Apr 3 10:39:47 EDT 2005

Not a bad idea! A bit like Plastiguage!
Thanks,
Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: kovacsmj [mailto:kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net]
Sent: April 2, 2005 9:52 AM
To: 'Bob & Kathy Gilbert'
Cc: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: RE: <VV> Door alignment wedges

 This is a guess on my part. My '69 has the wedges you speak of. What I'd do
is to first put a piece of clay / gum or other type material on one piece
and see if it is squashed flat when the door is shut. If it is, you have at
least some interference. You then could remove shims until the squished
stuff is about 1/32 (true trial and error). Then of course add shim(s) to
get the proper distance.

Getting all the information is most of the solution.

MIKE KOVACS

I've got a question about the door wedges on my 66 convertible.... The
manual calls for a 1/32 inch interference fit between the brass door wedge
and it's plastic mate on the body. Shims are provided. Good idea but how do
you go about setting this up?

Thanks,
Bob